Historical Commission · 2011-08-04
📄 minutes (7 pages)
Present: William King, Chair, Chandra Harrington, Jo Solet, Members; JosephFerrara, Susannah Tobin,Altemates
Absent: Staff present:
Cases (7)
- L-100 · Kendall Square Building, 238 Main St · (1917, William Mowll, architect), owned by M.LT. In vestment Management Co.
- L-101 · J · L. Hammett Building, 264 Main St., a.k.a. 290 Main St. (1915, Densmore & LeC!ear, archi tect), owned by M.LT. Investment Management Co.
- L-102 · Suffolk Engraving & Electrotyping Building, 292 Main St · , (1920, John Spofford, architect), owned by M.LT. Investment Management Co.
- L-103 · 45 Fayerweather St · , (1940, Walter Bogner, architect), owned by Sigmund E. Herzstein, Jr., Tr. of the Fayerweather Trust.
- D-1214 · 152 Sixth St. · ARE-MA Region No · 34, LLC. Building previously found significant but not preferably preserved. Consider amended design for replacement building.
- D-1235 · 119-135 Harvey St. · Leonard Katz, Tr · Demolish house (1845) and office/storage buildings. Mr. King noted the receipt of two letters in support of the demolition of 119 Harvey Street, one from John [demolition]
- L-99 · 13 Kennedy Rd · (1963, James Freeman, architect), owned by Maryan & Richard Chapin. Mr. Sullivan showed slides and described the house designed by Cambridge architect James Freeman for